Next deadlines

Next deadlines

Next deadlines


Re-registration deadline for the summer semester 2024


Deadline for leave of absence applications for the summer semester 2024


Belated re-registration with late-fee

subject to change

Re-registration for the summer semester will take place from February 12 to March 4, 2024.

If we have not received the semester fee in full by the mentioned date, a late re-registration fee of 30 € will be charged. The deadline for belated re-registration is March 18, 2024.

If we have not received the semester fee plus the late re-registration fee by the last day of the late re-registration, you will be deregistered ex officio.

Re-registration in 3 steps: This is how it works

Re-registration in 3 steps: This is how it works

1. Download invoice in CampusWEB

You have received your login data to our online student platform CampusWEB by e-mail.

Forgotten your login data?

Your matriculation number is your user name. If you do not remember your password, you can reset it by clicking on "Forgot password" or by clicking here. (For more information see also CampusWEB).

Download invoice

Please download your invoice for the semester fee there. You will find your invoice under "My studies/My bills". You can look up what components the total amount consists of under Semester Fee and other charges.

If you do not see an invoice on CampusWEB, please contact the Office of Student Affairs and Admissions immediately at

Deadline and transfer of money

Please pay the invoice between February 12 and March 4, 2024.

Please indicate your invoice number followed by your surname and first names as payment reference, e.g. "21-005432, Müller, Max".

As soon as we have received your semester fee and if all necessary documents are available, you will be automatically re-registered. This can take a few days.

2. Print certificate of study

After successful re-registration, you can download and print out your certificate of enrollment/BAföG certificate for the next semester on CampusWEB. To do so, please go to the tab "My documents" on CampusWEB and select the desired document.

Can't print out your certificate of study?

If we are still missing documents from you that we need for re-registration, you will not be automatically re-registered and will not yet be able to print out certificates.

Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at to provide us with the missing documents by e-mail. As soon as we have all the documents, we will re-register you. After that you will also be able to download and print your most recent certificate of study on CampusWEB.

3. Update student ID and semester ticket

After you have successfully re-registered, we will update your student ID and you will receive your new semester ticket. Please be sure to use the option explained below to have your ID card updated.

Your ID card will be updated during the following periods:

During semester break:

Monday, March 18 – Friday, March 22, 2024
Monday, March 25 – Thursday, March 28, 2024

At the beginning of the semester:

Tuesday, April 2 – Friday, April 5, 2024

On each of these days, the procedure works as follows:

9 a.m. to 12 p.m.: You drop your ID card in the urn at the reception (Pforte)
12-2 p.m.: The student services will process your ID card
2-3 p.m.: You can pick up your ID card at the reception of the university

After April 5, 2024

If you absolutely cannot make it to any of the above dates, you may drop by during our office hours to get your student ID updated. You can find our office hours here.




Leave of absence & de-registration

Leave of absence & de-registration

Leave of absence

If you would like to take a leave of absence for the upcoming semester, please submit a leave request through CampusWEB. The deadline for submitting leave requests is March 4, 2024, so that we can plan for the winter semester. During your leave of absence, you will retain your student status and need to pay the semester fee in full.


If you wish to terminate your studies, please submit an application for de-registration via CampusWEB.

If you de-register within the re-registration period, you do not have to pay any semester fees and we will cancel your invoice.

Please note that you will only receive a certificate of de-registration (the so-called "Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung") if you apply for de-registration, but not if you miss to register for the new term.
You might need the certificate after graduation to present to authorities, e.g. as proof to the pension insurance carrier or as proof of enrollment periods for other universities.

If you complete your studies at the beginning of the next semester, you will still have to transfer the semester fee! You can submit an application for a refund of the semester fee if you complete your studies by April 30 (for the summer semester) or by October 31 (for the winter semester). Send us an e-mail and we will activate a refund request form that you can fill out on CampusWEB.

Fill out the applications online

Click here to go to CampusWEB

  • Applications for leave of absence and de-registration are submitted via your own CampusWeb profile
  • To complete the respective application, please log in to CampusWEB.
  • Click on "My studies / My applications" and find the application "Leave of absence" or "Exmatriculation" in the "Available applications" section.
  • The Office of Student Affairs will automatically receive your application once you submit it. We will process it and contact you via email to clarify any question or confirm if your application has been approved.

Semester ticket: Refunds & exemptions

Semester ticket: Refunds & exemptions

When and how can I have my RMV semester ticket fees refunded?

If you do not need the semester ticket, you might be able to get a refund for the semester ticket by the student body of HfMDK, called AStA.

Here you can find out more about the process, terms and conditons. To be considered, your refund application must be sent to at the beginning of the semester, no later than one week after the regular classes start.

We at the Office of Student Affairs do not process these applications and cannot answer any questions about the state of your application or the date of your reimbursement. Please note: even if you are eligible for a refund you must transfer the complete semester fee beforehand.


If you have a disabled pass which grants you free public transport in accordance with § 228 SGB IX, we can exempt you from the cost of the semester ticket. In this case, please send us an e-mail to with a photo or scan of your disabled pass. You will then receive a reduced invoice from us.

Studying at two universities: fee reduction

Studying at two universities: fee reduction

Are you studying at another university in Frankfurt, parallel to your studies at HfMDK?

If you have already paid the complete semester fee at another university in Frankfurt, we can lower the amount of your semester fee here.

Send us an email to with the according certificate of study from the other university, as well as proof of payment for the semester fee already paid there. You will then receive a reduced invoice from us.

(Teaching degree programs studied at HfMDK & Goethe University are exempt from this rule as those semester fees are only charged once.)

Questions & Contact

Questions & Contact

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Office of student affairs and admissions:

Organising your studies