Beyond the regular university activities and across subject boundaries, the liaison lecturer is available to students for confidential and open discussions. This applies to questions of individual study and career planning as well as to personal problems or conflicts.
In strictest secrecy and without any obligation to give instructions to the university management, the liaison lecturer tries to develop solutions to personal problems together with the person seeking advice, or she tries to find a referral to an office that can offer the appropriate professional help.
What you can expect from your liaison lecturer:
Openness and empathy in a confidential conversation with absolute discretion as well as dedicated support in the following areas:
- Difficulties with personal study and examination organization
- Personal problems
... and when direct conversation between the persons concerned has not yet been successful:
- Difficulties with fellow students
- Difficulties with teachers
However, the area of competence and responsibility of the liaison officer does not include
- Legal advice and assistance in asserting legal interests
- Therapy and long-term coaching - if you wish and if possible, we will refer you to a professional.
If you are hesitant or unsure whether your question falls within the area of responsibility of the liaison officer, please do not hesitate to contact her!