Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts (HfMDK), is awarding again around 72 Deutschlandstipendium scholarships for the winter semester 2023/2024 in accordance with the latest version of the Scholarship Program Act of July 21, 2010.
The purpose of the scholarship is to support talented students at the HfMDK who are expected to achieve or have already achieved outstanding results in their studies or career.
The application phase for the 2023/24 funding year has ended.
Amount and Duration of Scholarship
The funding is usually for 2 semesters, the funding amount is 300 euros per month. Re-application within the standard period of study is possible.
Applications for a Deutschlandstipendium are open to those who
- are enrolled at the HfMDK and are within the standard period of study, or
- are about to begin their studies at the HfMDK.
Excluded are doctoral students and students of the MA IEMA.
If you are already enrolled at the HfMDK but are starting a new degree programme (e.g. Master's or KE) in winter semester 2023/24, you are considered a first-year student for the application process and must apply in the period 01.-31.08.2023.
The application is only accepted online via the application link on the HfMDK Website.You will find the LINK to the online application and the current call for applications within the application period at the bottom of this page.
Applications that are not submitted on time or in the correct form, as well as incomplete applications, will not be considered in the selection process.
Documents to submit:
For a complete application, you must submit these documents, among others.
For details of the requirements relevant to your application, please see the current call for applications (download below).
Please apply for your documents in due time, the processing time is approx. 10 days!
- Certificate of enrolment
- Transcript of records
(can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 10 days for processing and send your module certificates with the signatures up to and including WiSe 2022/23 in a single pdf document)
- Letter of motivation
(Template for download at the end of this page. Please be sent by the teachers directly by e-mail to email@example.com).
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of academic results
- If applicable, further proof of academic and professional successes, special awards and prizes, social engagement and special social, personal or family circumstances.
- Previous academic and examination results or the results achieved in the aptitude test, with particular reference to the main artistic subject (insofar as this is relevant to the degree programme).
- special achievements, awards and prizes, previous professional activity and internships.
- extracurricular involvement such as voluntary work, social, university or political involvement or participation in religious societies, associations or clubs.
- Special personal or family circumstances such as illnesses and disabilities, caring for one's own children, especially as a single parent, or close relatives in need of care, working in a family business, gainful employment while studying, family background or a migration background.
The scholarship holders are selected by the scholarship selection committee after reviewing the submitted documents according to the above-mentioned criteria, usually in October. The selected scholarship holders will be notified by a letter.
For further details, please refer to the Statutes of the Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts (HfMDK) for the awarding of German scholarships in the version of 25.04.2016
Scholarship Selection Commitee 2023/24:
- Prof. Carsten Wiebusch (Vice President HfMDK)
- Prof. Lucas Fels (Prodekan FB 1)
- Prof. Dr. Ulf Henrik Göhle (Prodekan FB 3)
- Prof. Ingrid Zur (elected representative of the professors)
- Prof. Ernst August Klötzke (elected representative of the professors)
- Elisabeth Stoll (elected representative of the students)
- David-Christian Sixt (elected representative of the students)
- Lisa Beck (Women's and Equal Opportunities Officer)
Deutschlandstipendium: Letter of recommendation (template)